Rugged Fitness is more than a program. It is a lifestyle of strength, motivation and an enjoyment of physical activity that culminates in achieving optimal health. It has been our experience that people who are taught the skills to lead a healthy lifestyle and enjoy their workouts are much more successful achieving their goals. We strive to make exercise fun and challenging for individuals of all ability levels while also providing the education and motivation to help you change your life.
Our training style centers around our belief that as human beings, we are all built to move. Optimal physical performance is not just for athletes. Everyone can benefit from increased performance, even if it's just improvements in ability to function in your daily life. For this reason, our programs utilize a variety of unique training equipment to teach and reinforce proper movement patterns rather than simply training one muscle group at a time. This approach challenges your body to coordinate multiple muscle systems in each exercise increasing your overall energy expenditure and combining cardiovascular and strength building into one exciting workout.
Rugged Fitness is a progressive strength and conditioning consulting and in-home training buisness dedicated to making our clients feel empowered to change their lives by providing the knowledge, training and support needed to meet and exceed their fitness goals. We continually strive to guide, motivate and inspire our clients to overcome their perceived obstacles or limitations in order to become the strongest, fittest, healthiest version of themselves that they can.
- Brian has worked as a personal trainer and strength coach since 2001. He has developed training programs and nutritional strategies for a wide range of clients in the areas of weight loss, muscle building, increasing sport performance and returning from injuries.
- Brian has written several articles and produced media content on training and nutrition throughout his career. He has given several lectures on these topics, including co-creating a lecture series called Nutrition Nation for the Taking Care Center and developing the YourPath Fitness and Wellness Program.
- Brian regularly attends seminars and lectures given by the top names in training and nutrition in order to stay on the cutting edge of the fitness industry.
• B.S. University of Connecticut
-Major: Fitness Management
-Minor: Sport Nutrition
• National Strength and Conditioning Association
-Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
• FMS Level 1 Certified
• HKC Certified Kettlebell Instructor
• TRX Group Instructor
• Trained in Art of Strength Kettlebell Essentials
• Trained in Wellness Coaching
• CPR, First Aid and AED certified
Brian Ayers, CSCS
Founder & Rugged Coach