- Pito began his boxing career as a coach and trainer at the young age of 15. He helped establish and lead the first boxing team for the Hartford PAL (Police Athletic League) where he worked as head coach. His passion for boxing and desire to provide a better life for his family led to his decision to enter the ring and become a professional boxer at the age of 18.
- Pito retired from boxing in 2012 having been a 2 time world champion with a record of 36(28KO)-10-0. He won his first 24 professional fights, 18 by knock out.
- In 2013 Pito was inducted into the Connecticut Boxing Hall Of Fame.
- In conjunction with his own personal professional career, Pito has coached individuals and managed large group classes for the past 20 years.
- Pito combines a mixture of true boxing technique with high intensity cardio exercises to produce one-hour calorie smashing sessions burning up to 1000 calories per workout.
• 3 Time IBO Junior Lightweight Champion (8/25/95, 4/12/96 and 4/25/97)
• Intercontinental Lightweight Champion - 2/24/96
• USBA Lightweight Champion – 7/1/97
• USBA + NABF Lightweight Champion – 10/16/98 (First Lightweight in
the history of pro boxing to hold both American titles, NABF & USBA
• 1995 CT Boxing Guild Fighter of the Year
• 1996 Maria Sanchez Youth Leadership Award
• October 4, 1998 declared “Israel Pito Cardona” day by Mayor Mike Peters
• 2013 CT Boxing Hall of Fame Inductee
• CPR Certified
• NCI Certified
Isreal "Pito" Cardona
Rugged Fitness Head Boxing Coach
- Brian has worked as a personal trainer and strength coach since 2002. He has developed training programs and nutritional strategies for a wide range of clients in the areas of weight loss, muscle building, increasing sport performance and returning from injuries.
- Brian founded his in-home personal training business, Total Transformations LLC, in 2005.
- Brian is the Hartford Weight Loss Examiner for the Examiner.com and has written articles on training and nutrition which have also been published in the West Hartford News. He has given several lectures on these topics, including co-creating a lecture series called Nutrition Nation for the Taking Care Center.
- Brian regularly attends seminars and lectures given by the top names in training and nutrition in order to stay on the cutting edge of the fitness industry.
• B.S. University of Connecticut
-Major: Fitness Management
-Minor: Sport Nutrition
• National Strength and Conditioning Association
-Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
• FMS Level 1 Certified
• HKC Certified Kettlebell Instructor
• TRX Group Instructor
• Trained in Art of Strength Kettlebell Essentials
• Trained in Wellness Coaching
• CPR, First Aid and AED certified
Brian Ayers, CSCS
Rugged Fitness Owner & Head Coach
• B.S. Central Connecticut State University
-Major: Exercise Science and Health Promotion
• ACT/ACTION System
-Certified Personal Trainer
• Licensed MMA Coach and Fighter
• CPR, First Aid
• 1St Degree Kickboxing Instructor UMA
• 4 years as Muay Thai Kickboxing Coach at NEMMA
Rugged Fitness Kickboxing Coach & Personal Trainer
- Adel started martial arts at the age of 17. He started training in several martial arts including boxing, Muay Thai, Karate, Judo, and Brazilin Jiu-Jitsu. He had is first cage fight at 18. He has since fought 8 more times of the last two years. Between fights he started coaching others fighters.
- Adel has been working as a personal trainer for 2 years and teaching Muay Thai for 4 years.
- Adel is finishing his B.S. in Exercise Science at CCSU. He is in the process of completing additional education in order to get certified as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist. Future plans include on attending graduate school for a Ph.D in Physical Therapy.
- Adel’s Kickboxing classes are a combination of traditional martial arts and the latest in exercise methodology. The result is a fun fast paced class with guaranteed results!
Rugged Fitness Boot Camp Coach & Personal Trainer
•Kendra started competing nationally in swimming at age 12. She broke many records throughout here career including; Club Team, High School, County, Conference and Regional. She has also placed nationally in the top 16 of YMCA swimmers from years 1997-2002. •Having a passion for athletics and training, Kendra became certified as a Personal Trainer at age 18 in 2003. She is versed in designing programs for the health and conditioning of the body and the competitive athlete. •Going back to her roots in swimming in 2010 she has worked with and been mentored by Lou Petrozellio, coach of Olympians Cullen Jones, Ron Karnaugh and John Kennedy, as well as Tom Speedling, coach of Olympian Rebecca Soni. •During her time as a swim coach Kendra educated herself in recovery: nutrition, hydration, stretching, sleep. She has designed and written recovery packets for parents and athletes.
- Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology from Umass Amherst.
- certified Personal Trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine
- Certified TRX Instructor
- Trained in the Art of Strength Kettlebell Essentials
- Certified Zumba Instructor
Certified Personal Rugged Fitness Boot Camp Coach
- Danielle has worked as an exercise specialist since 2007. She started at The Body Shop in Amherst MA, where she showed proper form and execution of exercises.
- In 2008 Danielle became a certified Personal Trainer. Since then she has written numerous exercise programs for one on one clients as well as developed programs for small group training. She has also teaches group exercise classes, Zumba being a personal favorite.
- Danielle continues to educate herself with new exercise techniques and practices, by attending as many lectures, and programs as possible.
• Three Rivers Community College, Norwich, Ct
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
• National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association
- Certified Elite Training Specialist
- Biomechanics, Functional Training & Core Conditioning
- Certified Tactix Method Martial Arts & Fitness Bootcamp Instructor
• Certified First Aid, CPR & AED
Rugged Fitness Kickboxing & Personal Trainer
- John has had a passion for martial arts & fitness since age 12. He is a Black Belt Instructor of Ninja-Ryu Koga Ryu Ninjutsu, has studied the Blazing Phoenix System, Kung Fu and more.
- John is the former owner of Knights Academy of Martial Arts & Fitness, where as Sensei (Master & Instructor of Martial Arts) John created and taught his unique form Tai-Fu Jitsu (Art of the Hurricane) to children and adults of all ages and backgrounds for ten years. (1992 – 2002)
- John was commissioned by State of Connecticut for Instruction of Troubled Children to Find a Positive Outlet. (1993 – 1994)
- John and his students have competed in The Best of the Best and the Battle of New England martial arts tournaments.
- John decided he wanted to reach and help more people with his love for martial arts and fitness.
- He became a NESTA Certified Elite Training Specialist in 2010.
- John has been training clients and students in their homes, outdoors and at fitness facilities through out CT.
- John continues his education and training as a member of IDEA Fitness & Wellness Association. He constantly strives to grow and learn from every resource he finds, including those around him, other trainers, instructors and even clients. John believes we all have something to learn and share with each other.
•Keene State College B.S. in health, promotion of fitness
-National Strength and Conditioning Association
-Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
-Precision Nutrition Level 1 nutrition & level 2 coaching certification
- Certified CPR & AED
Tommy Seinkowski, CSCS
Rugged Fitness Strength Coach
- Played soccer for Keene State for 2 years
- Worked as student strength coach at Keene State senior year
- Internship at BU with their strength and conditioning program for 4 months
- Was Programming Coordinator for Fitness together Reading(#1 facility in 2012- runner up or 3rd 2011, 2013) from 2008-2014
- Currently working with Cheshire HS soccer team, giving seminars on training systems to fitness facilities
- Designed LHS hockey strength and conditioning program for 2014
• B.S from Eastern Connecticut State University
-Physcical Education and Health (K-12)
• M.S. from Central Connecticut State University
• Certified Coaching Certificate in Volleyball and Basketball
• CPR/First Aid Certified
Rugged Fitness Kickboxing & Boot Camp Coach
- Caryn has worked as a Physical Education/Health teacher at Rockville High School for seven years.
- Caryn coached the Rockville varsity girls’ basketball team from 2006-2009 and has coached the girls JV volleyball team for the last 6 years. From 2009 - present she has coached the JV girls’ basketball team at East Catholic High School. Caryn is proud to have assisted the varsity girls’ team this year in making it to the quarter finals of the state tournament.
- Caryn maintains her teaching and coaching certificate by attending sport specific seminars and professional development lectures.